Frequently Asked Questions
Got a question? or a comment! simply contact us
IS YOUR MUSIC AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE?
Yes, selected tracks from our library are available for purchase. We are not yet available digitally on other digital stores like iTunes or Amazon. Finally, for the audiophiles, you can purchase uncompressed MP3 files at 320 kbps only. Albums download only. Note: buying any music from Future Trailer Music is just for listening purposes only – you’re not actually getting a license to use the music in a project.
Purchasing a track from us does not grant any re-use or sychronization rights to the listener. If you intend to use our music for commercial purposes, then you are must contact us in order to obtain a license for the use of our music. Future Trailer Music is not a royalty free music library.
After your payment is approved by paypal, you will be able to download your purchase.
Once you have downloaded our 7-Zip files, use 7-Zip to extract the tracks
7-Zip is a file archiver with a high compression ratio.
WHAT USAGES FUTURETRAILERMUSIC ALLOWS?
When you purchase a license, any of the following usage is permitted: Corporate, Television, Radio Show, Internet Advertising, Video games,Television & Radio Advertising, Film & Theatrical Production
HOW DO I LICENSE FUTURE TRAILER MUSIC?
Send an email using our contact form in the license page with your project details and we will get back to you with further information.
HOW DO I SUBMIT MY MUSIC TO FUTURE TRAILER MUSIC?
To be considered as a FUTURE TRAILER MUSIC composer, the following conditions must be fulfilled.
- Your music must be 100% original and you must own and control 100% of the music copyright including legal use of samples.
- We should have complete exclusivity of representation. We do not accept any music on a non-exclusive basis.
- Please send us samples of your music (your best 3 MP3 files) using our submission form.
- If your music has the potential and is accepted, We will contact you.
CAN I USE YOUR MUSIC ON YOUTUBE?
We get a lot of emails every day from people asking to use FUTURE TRAILER MUSIC in their YouTube videos. We allow and encourage the use of our music in non-monetized videos on YouTube. We offer a free license for such uses.
Only non commercial videos can use our music unless a license has been purchased for a commercial use like Motion picture, tv commercial, video game or corporate film.
Our music is digitally fingerprinted and monitored at Youtube through a third party company, when a video using our music is uploaded, the usage is “claimed” on our behalf and an advertisement may accompany the video or appear on the video’s page.
we reserve the right to have videos taken down for any reason at any time. However, it is less likely we will do so if the uploader agrees to the following terms:
1. You agree to allow the placement of an advertisement on your video or page.
2. You agree to display these links below your video: www.trailersound.net, Youtube, Vimeo, Facebook
3. You agree to list the names of the track(s) used in the description section of your video as “Courtesy Trailersound “
If you still have questions, please read our Terms and Conditions of Use at the bottom of this page.
We look forward to seeing your videos!
WHAT ARE FUTURE TRAILER MUSIC YOUTUBE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE?
All our music is 100% copyright clear. Using our music with a purchased license is 100% legal.
If you use Future Trailer Music on your YouTube video, advertisements may appear at the beginning, next to or at the end of the video.
YouTube uses a system called Content ID to fingerprint music and allow the owners of the music to track and/or monetize the use of their music on YouTube. When YouTube recognizes a music that is being used in a video, they send an alert notification to the uploader that the video contains music owned by a “Third Party” (that would be Future Trailer Music in this case).
It does not mean you are receiving a copyright infringement notice or that a strike is being placed on your channel. It also won’t cause your video to be taken down. It does, however, restrict you from monetizing the video yourself on YouTube.
You should get a notice via email saying that an audio match was found and Future Trailer Music owns the copyrights in the music. The notice you get is simply an informational email from YouTube and does not require any further action on your part.
It does not mean that you are not allowed to use the music or that you will receive a “strike” against your account and have your video taken down simply because you receive this email.
You must, however, acknowledge the fact that Future Trailer Music owns all of the copyrights in the music – so please – do not dispute this irrefutable fact. If you do appeal, dispute, or refuse to acknowledge that Future Trailer Music owns all of the copyrights in the music, your video may be taken down and your account may be subject to strikes.
WHEN DO I NEED A CUE SHEET?
If any of the tracks are publicly performed or broadcast, you may need to complete a cue sheet detailing music used, duration, composer, name of project, producer etc. If you require further information for your cue sheet please contact us.
Please submit your Cue Sheets if you are using our music for Broadcast use – TV, Radio, Film, or Theatrical productions.
Cue Sheets must be completed and returned to us within ten (10) days of your production air date if you are using our music in a broadcast medium. Each cue sheet contains the appropriate composer and publisher information needed to be correctly processed by the Performing Rights Organizations, e.g. ASCAP, BMI, PRS, SACEM…etc. This is an industry standard process. It is illegal to broadcast our music and not report. Trailer sound is a publishing company affiliated with ASCAP.
Trailer sound and its composers receive ‘performance royalties’ collected by the Performing Rights Organizations (e.g. ASCAP, BMI, SACEM, PRS) from broadcasters (e.g. TV and radio stations, networks, movie theatres) when our music is ‘performed’ / broadcasted.
It is only by submitting your Cue Sheets and subsequently collecting the ‘performance royalties’ due to us that we can continue to produce and offer you such high quality music at such amazingly affordable prices.
We thank you in advance.
MUSIC CUE SHEET
- Name of Series or TV Movie:
- # of Episodes Per Season:
- Expected Air Date:
- Network, Cable, Local, Syndicated, PBS or Pay Per View (please specify):
- Production Company:
- Contact Person:
- Additional Comments:
- Track Title:
- Amount Used:
- Usage Type:
WHAT ARE MY LIMITATIONS?
- Re-sell or re-license tracks on their own (includes physical goods and non-tangible items)
- Claim exclusive ownership or authorship of a track or digital media file licensed from Productiontrax
- Copy tracks and files on CD or other media apart from your multimedia project
- Sell Audio-Only CDs or Audio Downloads using the tracks without synchronization with other media (unless written permission is obtained from the copyright owner or publisher FUTURE TRAILER MUSIC)
- Use tracks in a way that is defamatory, insulting, or degrading to the model; or that is otherwise libelous or slanderous or otherwise defamatory, obscene or indecent
- You may NOT use a low-res comp for any purpose other than testing, client review, or internal review. Comps may not be broadcast, sold, or otherwise included in any final product
I’D LIKE TO USE FUTURE TRAILER MUSIC IN MY YOUTUBE VIDEO, AM I ALLOWED?
We approve non-commercial use of our music in non professional videos to be posted on Youtube or vimeo. We offer a free license for such uses.
As Future trailer music is digitally watermarked and monitored at Youtube through a third party company, when a video using our music is uploaded, the usage is “claimed” on our behalf and an advertisement may accompany the video . In effect, the user is granted a license to use our music for free, and we are able to monetize our music through Youtube’s ad revenue sharing model.
Please note, videos with explicit language, offensive subject matter or music acquired without authorization or purchased will be taken down. However, it is less likely if the user agrees to the following terms:
- You agree to allow the placement of an advertisement on your video or page.
- You agree to prominently display these links below your video and description, example: Music by http://www.futuretrailermusic.com
WHAT RIGHTS DO I OBTAIN WITH A SYNCHRONIZATION LICENSE?
There are many other options available that will require a Custom License Request. You can fill out the Custom License Request Form and give us the details of your production. We will then contact to work out a License specifically for you. So, if you’d like to use our music in your audio visual production, you will need a synchronization license from us.
Possible uses: Feature film, advertising, video game, television, internet, corporate, business, non profit and more
I’VE PURCHASED ONE OF YOUR TRACKS OR ALBUMS - CAN I USE IT IN MY FILM?
Purchasing a track from us does not allow any re-use or sychronization rights to the listener. If you intend on utilizing our music for anything commercial, then you must contact us in order to obtain a license for the use of our music.
Future Trailer Music does not offer royalty-free or buy out licenses
CAN I USE MY LICENSED SONG IN MORE THAN ONE PRODUCTION?
Sorry, but no. Each track is licensed individually for one production.
I AM A TALENTED WRITER, CAN I SUBMIT A GUEST POST?
Guest Posts: We Welcome Yours!
Hello! Thank you for interest in writing as a guest blogger on http://www.futuretrailermusic.com
We welcome talented writer to share their content with us but please understand that we have guidelines and expectations that need to be met.
Your Post Should Fit Our Content
All guest posts must be useful and unique to this blog’s audience.
- Accepted post topics include: trailer music, music for film, music used in advertising and video games, film score review, orchestra conductors, recording and video editing tips.
Your posts should be unique to our blog and offer something fresh to others.
Any post submitted will belong to on http://www.futuretrailermusic.com
- will be credited to the author and cannot be republished anywhere else.
- All guest posts must be original. No guest posts will be published that have already been published elsewhere online as verified by Copyscape.com or Plagium.com.
In this world of social media, images are a must.
- Each post must have a “featured image” included.
- All images must be original or credit must be attributed to original source.
- If you are unable to create original, unique images, please note it. We’re happy to work with you.
- Please save your images in the JPEG file format.
- Editorial Guidelines
- All guest posts must be grammatically correct and free of spelling errors.
- All guest posts must be between 300 and 750 words in the English language.
- No guest posts may be self-promotional or include marketing links (no affiliate links).
- Include H2-H3 tags and HTML formatting. If you do not, we will add them.
- Use short paragraphs or bullet points (to make the post easier to read)
- Edits: Please don’t be offended if we suggest changes.
- All guest posts may include a 2-3 sentence author bio, which will be published at the end of the guest post. 1-2 links to the author’s website, blog or social network may be included in the bio.
If your guest post is accepted for publication, you grant a license for on http://www.futuretrailermusic.com
to be the exclusive publisher. You may republish extracts – for example, on your own site – but the article in its entirety should not appear elsewhere. We’ll credit you as author.
If you submit an article through this form submit a doc. or docx file.
Conclude it with a short bio, and attach any relevant images.
We’ll get back to you within a few days to let you know if it’s going to run and when.